WE’RE HIRING FOR OUR FRONT OF HOUSE TEAM!
We are an award winning brewery, recently named Washington State Small Brewery of the Year and 7th favorite Saison Brewery in Craft Beer & Brewing as chosen by their readers. We are a young brewery in the Ballard Neighborhood of Seattle creating farmhouse beers rooted in the Pacific Northwest. Join our team!
We are adding to our taproom team! We believe in hiring talented and passionate people, including those with experience outside the craft beer industry. We’re excited about people who want to be key contributors to the early success of our growing brewery and can thrive in a start-up environment.
Fair Isle’s taproom sets the tone of the space and ensures the customer has the fullest experience. We are currently seeking taproom beertenders who can promote, work and act in a manner consistent with the mission of Fair Isle Brewing. Ideal candidate is someone with a passion for craft beer, and can provide timely, accurate, and friendly service while preparing the highest quality beer for our guests. As the day-to-day face of Fair Isle Brewing, the attention to detail in service and how we provide customers information is paramount.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS :
- Maintain a welcoming, educational and inviting experience in the taproom
- Prepare and serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks consistent with Fair Isle’s standards
- Operating POS system efficiently, while properly handling cash and credit card transactions
- Maintain cleanliness throughout the taproom
- Adheres to opening, closing, and cleaning responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner
- Ability to multitask and work independently as well in a team environment
REQUIRED SKILLS + QUALIFICATIONS :
- Must have previous experience in taproom or service industry
- Must be 21 years of age
- Must have a MAST permit and King County Food Handler’s Card
- Passion and love for craft beer
- Ability to work through challenges and adversity with a positive attitude
- Comfortable and thrives in a fast paced environment
- Strong communication skills
- Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS :
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays
*Cicerone Beer Server Certification preferred
TAPROOM MANGER / GM
The Taproom Manager’s responsibilities are to provide smooth service in the tasting room, create a welcoming environment for customers and address their concerns. The ideal candidate has 3+ years in a leadership or management position at a restaurant, winery, brewery or other hospitality venues. Existing beer/brewing knowledge is a plus, but the emphasis is on elevating customer experience and leadership.
Taproom Manager will work the floor, but is expected to work a majority of the time in management responsibilities with a focus on leading a team, community outreach and managing our taproom events.
- Maintain a welcoming, educational and inviting experience in the taproom.
- Manage guest satisfaction and overall brewery visitor experience.
- Manage taproom inventory ordering and control.
- Facilitate the coordination for pop-up events hosted in the taproom (field email inquiries, maintain reservation calendar, manage day-of reservation logistics, setup/breakdown for each event).
- Ensure team is meeting customer service standards and adhering to SOPs.
- Foster continued growth of the team by leading through example.
- Complies with all state and local requirements for alcohol and food service.
- Impeccable service standards with attention to detail and ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced atmosphere with poise.
- Schedule and Manage Employees.
- Lead quarterly Family Lunches with training.
- Lead hiring of new employees.
- Manage taproom inventory, SKUs and pricing.
- Manage, create and update menus, signage, etc.
- Manage, clean and troubleshoot taplines and draft.
- Coordinate beer releases and events with production team.
- Communicate weekly with Management Team to review and present tasting room financials, upcoming events, and general operational issues.
- Communicate weekly with Management Team to discuss strategies for improvement, daily operations, and logistical development as Fair Isle grows.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays.
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full-time, salaried position. Fair Isle offers benefits and competitive salary dependent upon experience and relevant qualifications. Benefits may include health, paid time off, employee discounts, travel, and more. Fair Isle Brewing is an Equal Opportunity Employer and candidates from all backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply!