Join our Team!
Fair Isle Brewing is seeking a full-time Sales Manager with 3+ years of sales management experience. Fair Isle Brewing opened less than two years ago and is based in Seattle, WA creating farmhouse ales, purposefully made,that reflect the Pacific Northwest. Within two years, Fair Isle has made a mark, won numerous awards and has been featured in publications and podcasts such as Craft Beer and Brewing, Drink Beer Think Beer, Good Beer Hunting, Paste Magazine, Seattle Times and more.
The Sales Manager will report directly to the owner but works closely with the rest of the team. They are expected to devise and execute a sales strategy that grows our local self-distribution network, out-of-state distribution partners and exporters. We are searching for someone who can take the initiative, is thoughtful, organized and can communicate and share the story of Fair Isle.
Hours: 40+ hours per week. A portion of the job requires the employee to work off-site/travel (when safe) for Direct To Retail account management and events. Hours may include nights and weekends.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salaried position; combination of base salary and commission.
- Employer Paid Health Insurance
Primary responsibilities may include but are not limited to and are subject to change based on applicants’ qualifications:
- Planning and implementing comprehensive strategic sales initiatives for Direct to Retail (DTR), distribution, and export sales goals.
- Manage all DTR, Wholesale, and Export accounts.
- Work with marketing to develop Point of Sale material and support Sales team for off-site sales.
- Aligning distributor sales team objectives with the brewery’s brand identity and sales plans.
- Identifying potential new accounts, establishing contact, and providing support for product and events as per the sales initiative.
- Participating in production forecasting, acting as a bridge between market needs and production scheduling.
- Providing detailed weekly sales reports and account status, as well as strategy updates and changes.
- Oversee inventory of finished goods and performs monthly audits.
- Deliver and manage delivery driver for on and off premise accounts.
- Ensure that all sales orders/invoices are accurate to order. Oversee that all data is accurate in inventory management and sales platform, Ekos.
- Sales Regulatory Compliance – ensure that all data is correct and compliant for sale for WLCB. TTB and out of state partners including ABC, OLCC (includes brand approval, price posting, price amendments, CALrecycle, and COLA).
- Ensure that all payments are collected and processed.
- SOP Creation, Maintenance, and Training Tools – create and maintain Standard Operating Procedures and look for areas of improvement in the position.
- Observe all state and federal laws pertaining to the sale, merchandising and promotion of beer.
- Providing detailed monthly sales reports and account status, as well as strategy updates and changes.
- Must own your own vehicle and have a clean driving record.
- Ability to handle physical workload; comfortable with heavy lifting, loading and unloading 160 lbs kegs in and out of the van, and using a hand truck for moving the kegs.